Employment and Student Placement Opportunities
Are you looking to recruit a new employee?
Email your Job Description to Tiffany.Solomon@Goemans.com with the subject “Help Wanted”
You can include a Job Description and your company logo.
Date Posted: September 28, 2017
Job Description:The ideal candidates must be able to work under minimal supervision as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced, client-oriented sales environment. Handling of clients with a high level of professionalism and courtesy is required while providing expertise and knowledge in the stone and tile industry to customers. This role requires strong business acumen along with a capacity to assist corporate promotion to Kitchen & Bath designers, dealers/resellers and end users in the generation of profitable sales. Representing Ciot in a genuinely charismatic manner with the goal to distribute promotional material & products, generate sales leads and increase awareness of the company’s identity and value to the market is critical for success. Encouraging the growth & development of current and potential client relationships is the key focus of this role.
Areas of Responsibility:
● Supporting customers by providing detailed information/specs on the company’s range of products in the territory.
● Identify and build profitable long-term relationships with the Kitchen and Bathroom Design community.
● Generating new revenue and increase existing revenue within a specific geographic market.
● Strategically planning and developing new business opportunities by effectively networking with and developing new relationships with other professionals who will refer potential clients.● Hosting and acquiring leads for design solution presentations.
● Continually maintaining and building relationships with existing clients.
● Estimating prospective opportunities for inclusion in formal quotations or tenders.
● Providing input to company marketing initiatives
● Providing post-sale customer service with respect to deliveries, warranty or deficiency claims, and following up on outstanding accounts receivable.
● Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
● Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
● Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
● Make sale presentations to prospective customers at trade shows and exhibits when required
● Attend trade events, volunteer and represent company at industry association meetings
● Any other tasks and functions required by management.
Skills and Knowledge:
● Proven track record of sales and technical knowledge
● 5+ years experience in similar role
● Minimum 2 years of in depth knowledge of fabrication process
● Must have strong oral and written communication skills
● Must be people oriented/thrive on building relationships
● Must have entrepreneurial skills
● Must be results oriented
● Accountable for use of expenses
● Must be able to travel for long periods when required
● Aggressive, energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a quota-driven environment
● Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
● Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures
● A college diploma or university degree in business, project management, interior design and architecture. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Ciot is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
Builder Kitchen Measuring Representative
Cortina Kitchens Inc. is currently looking for a Builder Kitchen Measuring Representative with experience in the kitchen cabinet industry for our Builder Sales division. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, result oriented, customer focused and with exceptional organizational skills.
Summary of Position:
The Measuring Rep will work collaboratively as part of the measuring and ordering team. This role will provide you with existing clients. You will also be responsible for assisting in the translation of the client’s vision into a tangible design approach. You are innovative, creative and a team player who is able to lead by example in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Measure and order kitchens using Cabinet Vision, 20/20, AutoCAD
· Liaise with clients in order to develop design approaches that exceed expectations
· Conceive creative concepts in response to client needs, translating concepts into visual formats
· Develop and deliver design solution presentations that effectively communicate visual concepts
· Oversee the execution of the developed design concept to ensure final offering stays true to initial and agreed upon vision
· Assist in the planning of production schedules and workflow for the entire design process from start to finish (the cycle) / project manage entire job
· Provide technical and creative guidance as required for all trades involved in the rooms e.g. electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc.
· Undertake market research as required, such as for appliances – plumbing, electrical, gas etc.
· Identify and offer solutions to complex design challenges as they present themselves
· Perform other duties as assigned e.g. service issues and after install accessory sales
Qualifications and Experience
· University Degree or College Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years’ measuring and ordering experience in the cabinet industry
· Understand and comfortable working in the New Home Construction Industry which include going to builder sites to measure in different weather conditions
· Proficient and highly creative in Cabinet Vision, 20/20, AutoCAD
· Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Passionate self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
· Demonstrated innovative and creative thinker.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to go onsite and measure
· Demonstrated effective deadline management and project management skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of individuals including key members of design teams, various stakeholders and clientele
· Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements
· Solid design and conceptual skills
· Able to work flexible hours including some weekends
Cortina Kitchens Inc. offers a competitive commission-based package, a good work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
· Measuring and Ordering Kitchen Cabinetry: 3 years
· Architecture & Planning
· Civil Engineering
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
Cortina Kitchens, is a well-established company, currently looking for a Designer and Sales professional for our retail division, with extensive experience in the kitchen cabinet industry, and proven sales track record. You must be a self-starter, result oriented, with exceptional organizational skills and customer driven.
The Kitchen Designer and Sales professional will work collaboratively as part of the design team conceptualizing kitchen interior design, space planning and prepare creative design proposals for presentation to clients. This role will provide you with existing clients but you are also expected to drive new sales. You will also be responsible for assisting in the translation of the client’s vision into a tangible design approach. You are innovative, creative and a team player who is able to lead by example in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Meet clients onsite to understand space being designed for
- Liaise with clients in order to develop design approaches that exceed expectations
- Conceive creative concepts in response to client needs, translating concepts into visual formats
- Develop and deliver design solution presentations that effectively communicate visual concepts
- Oversee the execution of the developed design concept to ensure final offering stays true to initial and agreed upon vision
- Assist in the planning of production schedules and workflow for the entire design process from start to finish (the cycle) / project manage entire job.
- Provide technical and creative guidance as required for all trades involved in the renovation, e.g. electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc.
- Undertake market research as required, such as for appliances – plumbing, electrical, gas etc.
- Identify and offer solutions to complex design challenges as they present themselves
- Achieve individual sales targets to support overall company objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned e.g. service issues and after install accessory sales.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ sales and design experience in the cabinet making industry
- Proven ability to close sales deals and prospect clients
- Proficient and highly creative in Cabinet Vision, 20/20, AutoCAD
- Excellent design and conceptual skills as evidenced in personal portfolio
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passionate self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated innovative and creative thinker.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to go onsite and measure
- Demonstrated effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of individuals including key members of design teams, various stakeholders and clientele.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements.
- Solid design and conceptual skills.
- Able to work flexible hours including some weekends
- Good at screening customers and understanding their budget requirements.
Cortina Kitchens Inc. offers a competitive commission-based package, good work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Diploma/Certificate in Interior Design / Kitchen Design and Architecture
- Kitchen Sales: 3 years
- Interior Design / Architectural Design: 3 years
- Hand sketch drawings as well as use of AutoCADCONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: July 14, 2017
Kitchen Designers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service and driving sales. The Kitchen Designer connects customers, using a consultative and listing approach. This role requires accuracy and detail while working in a fast paced environment. The kitchen designer provides quotes, assesses customers needs and completes sales all while helping customers realize their dream kitchens.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Achieving individual sales targets to support overall department goals, which will require following up on open quotes to close sales
- Engaging kitchen customers and using our 20/20 system to provide designs, product options and quotes
- Assisting customers with product knowledge in adjacent departments, special orders and installation services
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a sales driven environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent reading, communication, math and customer service skills
- Knowledge of construction and the ability to read blueprints and floor plans
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
Knowledge of Kitchen and Bathroom cabinets along with design software experience an asset (e.g. 20/20; AutoCAD)
Date Posted: March 1, 2017
Mooza Wood Arts Ltd has been growing rapidly and we are looking for a qualified cabinetry designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will join a high-performing team of design and shop employees who consistently work hard to deliver a high-quality product, superb customer experience and promote our brand.
The perfect candidate has to possess the following qualifications:
- Vast experience in high-end cabinetry design and production
- Must possess technical understanding of cabinetry structures and the build process
- Ability to develop a complete design plan from concept to installation
- Develop preliminary kitchen designs based on client’s requirements
- Develop new custom designs using creative and innovative thinking while paying strong attention to details
- Must be able to generate full sets of shop/production drawings in AutoCAD
- Ability to prepare drawings for client presentations
- Software and sketching qualifications
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Sketch Up considered an asset
- Highly proficient in hand sketching
- Ability to render considered an asset
- Team work requirements
- Possess strong team work ethics to support inclusivity and maintain high team morale
- Ability to work closely with staff designers and production employees
- Ability to prioritize and allocate time to each client based on project requirements, while continuing to support the production stages of other projects
- Ability to remain productive and efficient under minimal supervision
- Lead or attend meetings with clients, contractors and trades
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
If you wish to join our team and believe we are the right company for your career development, please send us your resume to email@example.com.
Start Date: Immediately
Posted: Wednesday February 8, 2017
2Co.Design Build Inc. is looking for a Technical Designer for our Whitby Studio. We offer high-end custom cabinetry and we are currently looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate must have experience in the kitchen/bath and interior design industry with strong knowledge in custom cabinetry and millwork design.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
– Work with design team to create detailed 2020 shop drawings
– Prepare accurate shop drawings for production using site measures and appliance specifications
– Follow and ensure appliance specifications accurately work within the design- Communicate effectively with designers on all details of the project
– Detect and correct any errors within the design drawings
Desired skills and experience:
– Minimum 5 years of experience in kitchen/bath and millwork design industry
– Proficient in working with 2020, Version 2011 or higher
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Requires excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
– Must be a detailed oriented individual with organizational skills
– Must live in Durham Region
– Hourly Wage based on experience
• 2020: 5 years
• Technical Design: 5 years
• Kitchen & Bath Design: 5 years
Please forward resumes to: Michelle Peer
Posted: February 6, 2017
Project Manager / Kitchen & Bath Designer
Kitchenarchitecture+ seeks an experienced Project Manager / Kitchen and Bath Designer. Qualified candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in residential kitchen and bath design or interior design architecture.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Ability to manage projects from conceptualization to completion, developing and maintaining detailed project schedules and budgets.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Well spoken, energetic, and detail driven.
- Ability to meet and maintain relationships with high-end clientele, demonstrating professionalism and patience.
- Coordinate projects between clients and contractors.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Possess extensive knowledge of interior design principles and practices.
- NKBA certification an asset.
If you are a driven individual who enjoys building relationships with people of various backgrounds and are looking to work for a company that offers their customers a high level of service, this position is the ideal opportunity for you.
Remuneration to commensurate with ability and experience.
For immediate consideration, please send resume / portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Placement Opportunities
Are you looking for a little extra help? What about a student placement?
Email your Student Placement Opportunity to Tiffany.Solomon@Goemans.com with the subject “Student Placement”
You can include up to 50 words and your company logo.